Sunday, April 25, 2010

In memoriam: Kitty 1993-2010

Our beloved old Kitty of 17 years fell ill suddenly yesterday. We took him to the emergency vet last night where they ran some blood work but couldn't find a cause. He also recieved subcutaneous fluids and an antiemetic which seemed to help for a time. Unfortunately in time Kitty worsened and it was clear to us that he was in a lot of pain. So we decided to euthanize him and end his suffering.

Kitty lived a good long life and gave us much joy and love. We will always remember fondly his bed hogging ways and his irresistible 'pet me' face. We thank him for all the wonderful times he gave us and we hope he felt loved.

Farewell old friend.







-- A Timely Mobile Post

4 comments:

  1. Awww...... I remember Kitty (since Kitty was 17, I'm assuming this is the same Kitty that Sara found when we were kids in Mentor). Hugs to you guys.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear about Kitty. When you saved him by the dumpster outside of the Great Lakes Mall, I NEVER would have thought what a long a wonderfully FULL life you would share with him. I love you all, and know how deep a pets passing can be. :'-(

    -Lara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey guys,
    Here's to Kitty! I will never forget the day you brought that snotty-nosed squeeky little grey (blue) ball of fur home. You truly gave him the best of a kitty life! It's those furry friends that bring us such happiness everyday and the memories you will never forget. I love you guys...see you soon Kitty :)
    -Carrie

    ReplyDelete

Hey all -- we want to know who you are, so leave your name if you're posting "anonymously"! Thanks...